On behalf of the organizing committee we would like to invite you to the 6th of biennial MetFoam conference series on cellular metals and metallic foams, which will now be held in Bratislava (Slovakia) on September 1-4, 2009.
The conference will cover all topics concerning cellular metals, their manufacturing, properties and applications. Contributions are invited on:
- Physics of foaming, pore nucleation, pore growth and coalescence, foam stabilisation
- Techniques for making foams and other cellular metals, effect of processing parameters on the structure and properties
- Morphological and microstructural characterization at different size scales
- Property profiles in relation with porous structure
- Modelling of structure, structure development and related properties
- Secondary operations (joining, coating, machining, shaping, etc.)
- Challenging applications and case studies incl. component design criteria
Metfoam 2009 is conveniently planned to be held between two premier European conferences aimed at the research on advanced materials (Thermec 2009, August 25 - 29, 2009, Berlin, Germany and Euromat 2009, September 7 - 9, 2009, Glasgow, United Kingdom), which may be interesting especially for potential overseas participants planning their journey to Europe.
For registration please click here ON-LINE REGISTRATION FORM